Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS, polycystic ovary syndrome) is a relatively common hormonal disorder that causes a number of different symptoms in women of reproductive age. Common to all women with PCOS is an irregularity in the menstrual cycle and the presence of excess male hormones.
There is increased production of androgen by the ovaries which suppresses the maturation of ovarian follicles. So, ovum does not form properly and not released ( anovulation).
Sign and Symptoms
· Regular Excercise- To reduce body weight by exercise and walking. It helps in proper insulin secretion in the body.
· Meditation – Helps in managing the anxiety, depression and stress level.
· Diet – Eat healthy, nonoily – non-spicy and fibrous food, eat food with low glycemic index.
· Internal Medication- Dashmool kashayam, Varuna di kashayam, kumari asava, Ashokarishta helps in menstrual problems. Manjistadi kwath, Sarivadyasava helps in blood purification.
· Hingwadi churna, Avipattikar churna, Triphala churna helps in ulteration of digestive system.
· Chandraprabha vati, Triphala guggul, medohar guggul helps in insuline resistance and obesity.
· Shatavari Churna, Phala ghrut (Ghee), Patrangasava helps in increasing fertility level
Ayurvedic Concept On PCOD
PCOD explained under “Yonivyapad Adhyaya” by Acharya Charak. mainly tri doshas with Rasa, rakta and meda dhatus involved in this pathogenesis. In which Kapha is predominant. Kapha Affected digestive fire means
Jathragni Mandya which starts to affect the metabolic aspects of seven dhatus. Another thing is there is involvement of Aartav- vaha strotras and block the proper formation of tissues and cells.
Hence we thought about PCOD we have to think about all these mentioned factors.
JAUNDICE AND AYURVEDA
Dr. Nitesh Khonde
Expert in Traditional & Modern Ayurveda and PanchkarmaTherapy
In Ayurveda jaundice resembles as kamala.
It is a condition where the skin and the whites of the eyes become yellowish.
Heavy intake of oily, spicy, sour, salty, alkaline,
Intake of very hot foods; alcohol; and sesame oil
Vidahi Ahar sevan
Sleeping in the daytime,
excessive physical work,
overindulgence in sexual activity,
suppression of the natural urges
psychological factors like fear, anger, and stress
This all hetus (reasons)causes vitiation of Pitta dosha . This aggravated Pitta causes impairment of blood and the muscle tissue of the liver which leads to blockage in the channels of the liver .this aggrevated Pitta (bile) is thrown back into the blood causing discoloration of the eyes and skin.
Snehana-Intake of medicated ghee like tiktak ghruta or mahatiktaka ghrut
Mrudu virechana-Purgation by erand oil
Haritaki kalka with gomutra
Guduchi swaras with honey
Diet & Lifestyle Advice